November 2019 – We are currently unable to accommodate any more volunteers, please look out for a reading volunteers letter coming home soon.
At Lum Head we welcome the opportunity for volunteers to join our school community as we believe they make a significant contribution to the life of the School. Lum Head believes that by providing opportunities for volunteers to work alongside our children, the volunteer will gain a range of skills and work experience. They will develop confidence and motivation to try different things and benefit the community they serve.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, you can register an interest using a Volunteer Application Form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact you to discuss it further. As safeguarding is so important to us you will be asked to sign a Volunteer Agreement and complete a DBS check.
Our volunteers might include:
- University, college and sixth form students
- Members of the governing body
- Members of the local community
- Parents of pupils
- Former pupils
The types of activities that volunteers are engaged in might include:
- Listening to children read
- Working with small groups of children
- Working with individual children
- Undertaking arts and craft activities with children
- Supporting Lum Head staff to run before and after school clubs
- Working with children on the computers and i-pads
- Accompanying children on school trips
- Actively engaging our children at all appropriate times