The National Curriculum Framework can be viewed here: NATIONAL CURRICULUM
View Lum Head’s academic curriculum by clicking the relevant year group:
We use the following schemes for reading:
- Book Bands (Reception – Year 6);
- Lighthouse/Project X – Key Stage 1 Guided Reading;
- Lightning – Key Stage 2 Guided Reading;
Our Phonics Scheme is Letters And Sounds and this is supported by Support For Spelling in Year 2.
A school curriculum is far broader than the minimum academic requirements and this is reflected in our VISION STATEMENT.
It is a clear aim of the school to promote within each child a positive self-image. We endeavour to do this by creating a caring school with a curriculum which encourages the development of a lively and enquiring mind through involvement in a variety of relevant, and challenging first hand experiences. We aim to develop all pupils’ interests, aptitudes and abilities through collaborative and independent thought. Spiritual values and ideals underpin our learning and teaching.
Alongside this we strive to employ the following principles:
- Helping all children learn to keep themselves safe.
- Helping all children learn to keep themselves healthy.
- Helping all children to achieve and to fulfil their potential.
- Helping all children to make a positive contribution to society.
- Helping all children to ensure their own economic well-being.